The editorial board of the Society of Dance History Scholars welcomes proposals for its monograph series Studies in Dance History. Because the society defines dance history in the broadest possible terms, the board encourages submission of proposals on a wide range of topics. The series is devoted to books by a single author or editor organized around a single theme.
Each proposal should make a case for the merits of the proposed book and should incorporate the following information:
- Title of the work
- Name of the author or editor
- If an edited volume, names of all contributors to the volume
- Abstract or summary of contents
- Table of contents, outlining chapters or units of organization
- Nature and estimated number of illustrations, notation examples, or musical examples to be included
- Statement of the original contributions the book makes to the field of dance history, explanation of how the book differs from work already published, and description of the anticipated audience
- One or two sample chapters
- Résumé(s) of the author(s)
Proposals should be submitted to the chair of the SDHS editorial board. Each proposal will be forwarded to members of the editorial board. If a proposal is judged to be appropriate to the series, the author(s) may subsequently be requested to supply either substantial excerpts from the book or the entire manuscript for further consideration. The SDHS editorial board usually meets in June and October to consider proposals and manuscripts.
Send proposals to
Sarah Davies Cordova
1830 East Kane Place, #3
Milwaukee, WI 53202