Recent Conversations (SDHS members, please log in to display links to issues):
- Network of Pointes (2015 | XXXV) — Guest editors Drs. Kathrina Farrugia-Kriel and Jill Nunes Jensen
- Latin@ Dance (2014 | XXXIV) — Guest Editors Ramón H. Rivera-Servera and Cindy García
- Dancing Spaces (2013 | XXXIII) — Guest Editors Ying Zhu and Alexis A. Weisbrod
- Visual Culture and Dance—an Academic Discipline (2012 | XXXII) — Guest Editor Tamara Tomić-Vajagić
- Talking Pointes... Rethinking 19th Century Dance (2011 | XXXI) — Guest Editors Sarah Davies Cordova and Stephanie Schroedter
- Dancing the Popular (2010 | Volume XXX) — Guest Editor Danielle Robinson
- Dancing Economies (2009 | Volume XXIX) — Editor Vida Midgelow
- Entering the Academy (2008 | Volume XXVIII) — Editor Vida Midgelow
Upcoming issues of Conversations:
Teacher's Imprint: Rethinking Dance Legacy
Editor: Sanja Andus L'Hotellier
Call for proposals
Call for Guest Editors / Special Topics
We invite proposals for single issues of Conversations by individuals that would like to guest edit a special topic issue. Conversations is conceived as a ‘cross-over’ publication that speaks to research agendas and the profession, addressing the concerns of the field through discursive, polemic, poetic and experiential articles.
Proposals for topics / guest editorship can be sent at any time and should include
- a short description of the aims, scope and rational for the publication, and
- a biography / CV of the proposing editor.
Guest editors / topics will be selected by the sdhs editorial board.