Issued yearly in early spring generally, this publication reflects the dynamic and diverse membership of SDHS. We seek to bring you themes and debates current in the field of dance studies and the profession, alongside news from the international community of scholars in dance and related disciplines. We welcome submissions in a range of formats, from debate to poetic reveries, images to reviews. Proposals for articles and other materials should be directed to the editor: Sanja Andus L'Hotellier (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Recent Conversations (SDHS members, please log in to display links to issues):
- Talking Black Dance Inside Out/Outside In (2016 | XXXVI) — Guest editors Thomas DeFrantz & Takiyah Nur Amin
- Network of Pointes (2015 | XXXV) — Guest editors Drs. Kathrina Farrugia-Kriel and Jill Nunes Jensen
- Latin@ Dance (2014 | XXXIV) — Guest Editors Ramón H. Rivera-Servera and Cindy García
- Dancing Spaces (2013 | XXXIII) — Guest Editors Ying Zhu and Alexis A. Weisbrod
- Visual Culture and Dance—an Academic Discipline (2012 | XXXII) — Guest Editor Tamara Tomić-Vajagić
- Talking Pointes... Rethinking 19th Century Dance (2011 | XXXI) — Guest Editors Sarah Davies Cordova and Stephanie Schroedter
- Dancing the Popular (2010 | Volume XXX) — Guest Editor Danielle Robinson
- Dancing Economies (2009 | Volume XXIX) — Editor Vida Midgelow
- Entering the Academy (2008 | Volume XXVIII) — Editor Vida Midgelow
Upcoming issues of Conversations:
Teacher's Imprint: Rethinking Dance Legacy
Editor: Sanja Andus L'Hotellier
Call for proposals
Call for Guest Editors / Special Topics
We invite proposals for single issues of Conversations by individuals that would like to guest edit a special topic issue. Conversations is conceived as a ‘cross-over’ publication that speaks to research agendas and the profession, addressing the concerns of the field through discursive, polemic, poetic and experiential articles.
Proposals for topics / guest editorship can be sent at any time and should include
- a short description of the aims, scope and rational for the publication, and
- a biography / CV of the proposing editor.
Guest editors / topics will be selected by the sdhs editorial board.
Send proposals to email@example.com.