SDHS/Society of Dance History Scholars is a vibrant, international organization with the mission of advancing the field of dance studies through research, publication, performance, and outreach to audiences across the arts, humanities, and social sciences. Your support is vital to the support of international initiatives in dance studies.
Funds and Awards:
- Endowment for Studies in Dance History
- Momentum Fund
- Gertrude Lippincott Award
- Selma Jeanne Cohen Award
- Graduate Student Travel Grants
To make a contribution to SDHS, use our online donation form.
To make a donation by check or money order made out to Society of Dance History Scholars with the fund of your choice in the memo line to:
Society of Dance History Scholars
7044 S. 13th Street
Oak Creek, WI 53154 USA
Feed the field:
- Your gift of $1,000 will allow us to host a graduate student breakfast at the Annual Conference and build community among emerging scholars
Move the field:
- Your gift of $500 will enable us to pay honorarium to include a movement workshop at the Annual Conference.
Honor the field:
- Your gift of $2,000 will allow us to host the Distinction in Dance Award at the Annual Conference, including their conference and travel fees
Publish the field:
Your gift of $1,500 will help underwrite our exciting new publication, Conversations, and enable us to distribute it widely
Your gift of $2,000 will produce a DVD companion to an upcoming Studies in Dance History monograph
Your gift of $10,000 will help underwrite a scholar’s first book
Read the field:
- As a member of the Amazon Associates program, SDHS benefits from purchases made via links from this website. Visit our Books by Members page to browse the range of publications by SDHS members. The Amazon banner on the SDHS homepage and on the Books By Members page brings you directly to the Amazon website, and tags one percent of your purchase for SDHS.
Please contact SDHS President Ann Cooper Albright at email@example.com about bequests to SDHS or to include SDHS in your will.