Conference 2013: Decentering Dance Studies: Moving In New Global Orders
The Society of Dance History Scholars (SDHS) and
the Congress on Research in Dance (CORD)
November 14–17, 2013
Hosted by the University of California at Riverside
In conjunction with the Congress on Research in Dance (CORD), SDHS will host a second joint conference in 2013, in addition to the joint NOFOD/SDHS conference in Trondheim, Norway (June, 2013). This joint CORD/SDHS conference will celebrate the 20th anniversary of the University of California at Riverside’s PhD program in Critical Dance Studies.
- Call for proposals. Please note: the proposal deadline was 29 April, 2013. The Conference Committee will announce the conference program by the beginning of August.
- Conference host: University of California, Riverside (UCR)
- Conference venues:
- Accomodations. Detailed information about conference accommodations is available at http://cordance.org/accommodations. Options are:
- Mission Inn and Spa. SDHS and CORD have reserved a block of rooms at the beautiful Mission Inn and Spa (www.missioninn.com) at a reduced room rate of $139 per night. Upgraded rooms are available.
- UCR Extension Residence Center. The UCR Extension Residence Center (ECR) has 41 standard (double-occupancy) rooms available on a first-come, first-served basis. Rooms are $70/night for two occupants, or $65 for a single occupant.
- Conference Registration
- Information for Presenters
The e-mail address for inquiries about the conference is email@example.com.
Conference Program Committee
- Yatin Lin (SDHS), co-chair
- Priya Srinivasan (CORD), co-chair
- Russ Patrick P. Alcedo (SDHS)
- Melissa Blanco Borelli (SDHS)
- Anusha Kedhar (CORD)
- Diyah Larasati (SDHS)
- Royona Mitra (SDHS)
- Rebecca Rossen (CORD)
- Katerina Teaiwa (CORD)
- Yutian Wong (CORD)
Photo: Jonathan Godoy