Society of Dance History Scholars advances the field of dance studies through research, publication, performance, and outreach to audiences across the arts, humanities, and social sciences. As a constituent member of the American Council of Learned Societies, SDHS holds wide-ranging annual conferences; publishes new scholarship through its proceedings and book series; collaborates regularly with peer organizations in the U.S. and abroad; and presents yearly awards for exemplary scholarship, including the de la Torre Bueno Prize®.
- Studies in Dance History
- SDHS’s monograph series, published by University of Wisconsin Press, answers a growing demand for works that provide fresh analytical perspectives on dancing, dancers, and dances in a global context.
- Conversations Across the Field of Dance Studies
- We seek to bring you themes and debates current in the field of dance studies and the profession, alongside news from the international community of scholars in dance and related disciplines.
- SDHS Conferences
- The annual SDHS conference draws participants from around the world, including dance scholars and scholars working in related fields. At the conference, SDHS members gather to share information and ideas, to attend performances, and to engage one another in discussions about research and the state of the field of dance history scholarship.
- Books By Members
- A bibliography of published works by SDHS members.
- Help support SDHS with your Amazon purchases through our site, using the following link: